16th December 1959
Through houses on Poplar Street, number 5 is on the left. The small shop on the right is number 13. In common with many corner shops a variety of goods are for sale, sweets, tobacco, ice-cream and groceries. Each house has a Yard area in front, low walls and stone gate-posts can be seen. On the right is Poplar Road, then Back Poplar Street to the rear of Poplar Street. The turret on the right is to the back of the catholic, Church of the Sacred Heart, which was on Burley Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.