View of Carr Manor off Stonegate Road. The mansion as seen today was completed in 1881 and based around the structure of a seventeenth century farmhouse. Sir Clifford Allbutt, a Leeds physician and consultant, had bought land from the Beckett family around 1880 and had had the house largely rebuilt. It was sold to Colonel Tannett-Walker in 1889 and then to the Leeds surgeon, Lord Moynihan in 1914. Leeds Corporation purchased the house in 1938 for £17,000 and use it as a judges residence.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.