30th May 1963
The Parkfield Picture Palace, situated where Jack Lane merged into Parkfield Street. The architect of this building was J.P. Crawford of Harehills, Leeds. The owner was Joseph E. Burrell, the original manager was W.F. Smiles. It seated 850 patrons and opened on 17th August 1914, just after the First World War began on 4th August. The first film shown was 'The Wolf's Fang' it also advertised that the latest War news would be flashed on screen as it was received. The cinema closed on Saturday 3rd August 1946, the last film screened was 'Patrick the Great' with Donald O'Conner and Peggey Ryan. The building was used as an engineering factory and then as a warehouse.