8th March 1965
In the centre of this view is the premises of British Paints Ltd situated at the junction of Spence Lane and Whitehall Road. This building had originally been a Zion School. A branch library serving Holbeck and New Wortley opened here in 1870, closing in 1938. The building was used by Whitehall Motors Ltd, used car dealers in the 1940s.