Colton Mill became a listed building in 1970 and was originally worked with sails until the middle of the 19th Century. Thereafter, it became known as Swillilngtom Steam Corn Mill and operated until 1940. It is one of the few surviving windmills in Leeds. The others are located at Potternewton, Seacroft, Kippax and Aberford.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.