View of the frontage of Scholes Methodist Church, Main Street, built in 1875 on land given by Thomas Crosland of Scholes Park Farm. Previously, the early Methodists had met for many years in a granary at Green Lodge Farm, now known as Cullen's Farm. The building of this chapel was instigated by Edward Gray of Morwick Hall and there is a badger carved into the stonework of the large window, which is part of the crest of the Gray family.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.