Ivy House on Selby Road is a Georgian detached dwelling built about 1730. The brickwork shows the variations in colour of traditional hand-moulded bricks. The house is photographed from outside The Brown Cow public house opposite, and the Church of St. Mary is situated at the rear, to the left. Solicitor, Robert Roodhouse occupied Ivy House in the 1881 census and later the Piercy family lived there. Thomas Piercy was also a solicitor and became President of the Incorporated Leeds Law Society in 1895.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.