A view of Dial House built in 1720 and altered in 1755. The name Dial means a new turnpike, Halton Dial, on the road known as, the road to York. It is thought that the timbers in the roof of Dial House, which are the original, were from a sailing ship. The front elevation has the attractive variations in colour and tone of hand-moulded bricks. The house is on three storeys with elegant venetian windows at ground and first floor level. At the present, Dial House is operating as a safe house for local people experiencing a crisis in mental health. Dial House became a Grade III building in 1951.