View of the Main Street showing an old milepost in the foreground, left, and the White Hart in the background. the White Hart had been an old farm previously occupied at one time by John Milthorpe (1725-1778). The milepost stood at the front of Stocks Hill, but was removed for road alterations. A roundabout is now on the site. A couple are driving a horse and two-wheeled carriage.