26th May 1908
View of old relics grouped together at the west end of the churchyard. On the left is an octagonal bowl of 17.5cm in depth. Next to it is an octagonal pillar. These were found buried upside down in the churchyard and are thought to be the font presented to All Saints church by the mother of Revd. Christopher Atkinson in 1756. In the centre is another old font with 13 irregular sides. It is 60cm in height and approx. 30cm deep inside. It is likely to be the font mentioned in a description of a small vestry at the north-east end of the church in an account written c. 1841. Finally, on the right, there are two old stone coffins, one dug up in 1820 on the north side of the chuch and the other discovered in 1906. They are of medieval origin.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.