6th April 1935
The Sanderson family became the tenants of Thorp Arch Manor Mill in 1934 and it was run by miller, Percy Johnson, who lived on the site in one of the mill cottages. The central building, at right angles to the river, is the oldest part of the mill and housed two water wheels. An insription on the internal wall reads 'E.W.1681'. The buildings to the right originally housed the miller and his workers.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.