St Oswald's Parish Church, Church Lane, Collingham. This church was constructed around the remnants of an Anglo-Saxon building. The north aisle was built in 1200 with additions in the 13th and 14th centuries, the tower added in the 15th century. Restoration was carried out in 1840/41 and in 1870 by architect J.P. St. Aubyn. It was during the Victorian period that Saxon stones were discovered in walls on the south side. The clock and peal of 8 bells were the gift of Sir Nevill Gunter of Wetherby Grange, in memory of his parents.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.