Image shows the referctory at Bramham College shortly before demolition. The College opened in 1843 by Dr.Benjamin Bentley Haigh when he leased Bramham Biggin, a private residence. He substantially extended the building to include this Grecian Style refectory with what was once an elegant glass dome.The refectory was huge measuring 60x35x22 feet. Dr Haigh succumbed,along with several of his pupils,to an outbreak of cholera from which he died in 1869. The College fell into a decline and was eventually vacated and became derelict as seen here.It was demolished in 1903 and the stone re-used for the restoration of the fire-gutted Bramham Park in 1906.