Side view of the Biggin, a large private residence, once the home of Charles Allanson, M.P. for Ripon. It became part of Bramham College in 1842/3 when it was leased, along with 130 acres of parks and gardens, to Dr. Benjamin Bentley Haigh. It flourished as an educational establishment for the sons of leading Yorkshire families and was much extended. Unfortunately, cholera struck in 1869 and, with the death of Doctor Haigh, the school declined. The additional buildings were demolished and the Biggin reverted to a private residence.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.