View of the Savoy Cinema located at number 72 Bradford Road. The 1,000 seater cinema, designed by Bradford architect William Illingworth, opened on 17th September 1937. The first film shown was 'Cafe Colette', released in 1937, with Paul Cavanagh, Greta Nissen, Fred Duprez and Donald Calthrop and 'Mama Steps Out' starring Alice Brady and Guy Kibbee. Admissions were 4d (1.5p), 6d (2.5p) and 1/- (5p). The cinema was advertised as 'Stanningley's New Luxury Theatre' and there was a free car park. The Savoy closed on Saturday 25th September 1965 with a final showing of 'How the West was Won' starring Gregory Peck and James Stewart. In this image the premises are occupied by 'Lucky 7 Bingo' and are advertising a jackpot of £200. The Bingo Hall opened every night and charged 2/6d (12.5p)admission.