24th April 1979.
View of Lands Lane looking in the direction of Commercial Street. The pedestrian precinct, created in 1972, is thronged with shoppers. On the left are: The Light Bite, King Jobs, job centre at number 26, John Peters'Furniture Store in the 1922 Scala House, formerly a cinema and Ivey Travel on the corner with Albion Place. On the right is Schofields on the site of Red Hall and on the other corner with Albion Place is the 1868 Church Institute buildings. In the background the rear of the 1970 C&A store is visible which front on to Boar Lane, and to the left of it, the spire of Holy Trinity Church.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.