30th September 1959
These buildings on Kendal Lane were to the rear of Denison Hall, which fronted onto Hanover Square. In common with other large residences of the period (built 1786) there were stables and workshops as part of the estate. On the left is an entrance to the gardens, next numbered 5B is a hairdressing business. An arched entrance to an enclosed yard, former stables, has a sign 'Wordsworths Garage'. Moving right 5D appears to be a dwelling, 5A is W. Geldard, boot repairs then the corner with Kendal Terrace is at the right edge.