The City Museum, at the time of this photogrpah, was situated in Park Row in the Philosopical Hall. On 15th March 1941 it took a direct hit in an air raid in which the whole frontage was destroyed. This is a view of display cases showing the excessive damage to the exhibits, with many items broken. a new concrete frontage prolonged the life of the building until it was demolished in 1966 and the museum was transferred to the municipal buildings.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.