12th July 1952.
Image shows a tram in City Square, a number 86, destination Harehills. In the background to the left of the tram the entrance to Leeds City Station is visible, with Woodland's Chemists to the left of it. Also on the left, at the edge, is the News Theatre, part of The Queen's Hotel building. It opened in 1938 and became The Classic in 1966. The name changed again to the Tatler Film Club in 1969 to revert back to The Classic in 1979. The Majestic is at the right edge. It opened in 1922 and closed as a cinema in 1969. Wellington Street is visible in the background, right.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.