On the far left can be seen the construction of Lewis's department store. In front of this is the canopy of the Paramount Cinema. The cinema opened on 22nd February in 1932 with a portland stone facade to match the uniform design of buildings on The Headrow as set out by Sir Reginald Blomfield. The Mighty Organ advertised on the canopy was a 17 ton Wurlitzer organ with 2000 pipes and 160 stops worth £10,000. On the right a poster in the window advertises 'Sentional Matinee Prices' at 11.30am, any seat one shilling. People are stood on the pavement outside the building. In April 1940 it became The Odeon and featured guests including The Beatles.