This is the United Reformed Church in Bridge Street, known as the Bridge Church. A group of travelling Scottish Drapers brought the Congregational Movement to Otley in 1821. Meetings were held in the assembly rooms above the Bowling Green Pub in Bondgate, and also the pump room at the rear of the Black Bull. In 1826 the movement had its first permanent premises, the Salem Chapel built on this site. This was much altered and enlarged over the decades until a new church was built in 1899, the Duncan Cathedral. The Congregational movement merged with the Presbyterians to create, the United Reformed Church in 1972, and since then has been known as the Bridge Church.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.