This image shows members of the Dearlove family outside a reconstruction of a 19th century violin makers in Harewood Square, Abbey House Museum. The shop has been named for Mark Dearlove who originally ran an 18th Century violin makers on Boar Lane. Many of the instruments on display were made by him and donated by the Dearlove family. Mark was renowned for his craftsmanship, musical knowledge and acute sense of sound, all skills vital in the creation of violins. The majority of his descendants have continued this tradition by becoming involved with music or the stage and have been known to reunite at the museum for music recitals like the one pictured here in 1958. Back row (left to right) Jack, Kenneth, Derek, Thomas, Doris (Mrs Garside), Jacqueline (Mrs Williams). Back row (left to right) Arthur, George, Mark and Charles all brothers.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.