13th July 1965
Christ Church on Meadow Lane was constructed between 1823 and 1826 of Bramley Fall stone. This was the first of the Million Churches built in Leeds, so called because of a special Goverment grant of £1,000,000 which was used to build over 600 churches across the country. The church is built in the decorated style with a square tower and pinnacles along each side. It was demolished in 1972.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.