Shaftesbury House was opened on 15th December 1938 by the Lord Mayor Ald. R. Winn M.B.E. J.P. as a lodging house for 516 people needing temporary accommodation. The House was divided into male and female sections with separate entrances, common rooms and dining rooms. Shared kitchen and laundry facilities were also provided. When Shaftesbury House opened, all rooms were fully furnished with a different colour scheme on each floor. Situated on Beeston Road, the House backed onto Moorville Place.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.