Weetwood Hall was purchased by Leeds University in 1919 from Sir Hickman Bacon for £13,000 of which he donated £3000. It was described as 'a site for collegiate extension unsurpassed' and opened as a residential Hall for 31 women in 1920. It was extended in the 1920s to accommodate 60 female university students.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.