View of what had originally been the stables/garage of a large house called Asket Hill, located on Asket Hill. The house itself has been demolished but these properties remain and were numbered on the 1952 OS map as 1 and 2 Asket Hill. The properties, which have an entrance going up Asket Hill on the left-hand side, would have provided accommodation for the staff employed by the big house. On the census of 1881 the house called Asket Hill was the home of Thomas Green, a Mechanical Engineer (70) his wife, Sarah (52), his Grandson, Thomas and step-children William and Elizabeth Penrose. The family had three live-in domestic servants. The firm of Thomas Green & Sons was based at Smithfield Ironworks of 96 and 98 North Street, Leeds, and 54 and 55 Blackfriars Road, London. Green's was the manufacturer of Green's Patent Lawn Mowing Machines, as well as being general engineers, machists, iron and brassfounders and boilermakers. In 1881 one of the above properties was occupied by John Tindall (52), his wife, Jane (45) and their two daughters, Ada (10) and Lizzie (5). John Tindall is listed on the census as a Coachman and Domestic Servant who most likely worked for the Green family.