View of the Lending Library at the Burley Branch in Cardigan Road. The segmental, vaulted ceiling rises to a height of 20 feet. It is partitioned from the Reading Room and the Young People's Room by glazed screens between pillars of oak. This gives the staff a view of the whole floor area. The Lending Library measures 30 feet by 30 feet and when it opened on 15th June 1926, could accommodate 11,000 volumes.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.