Image shows the City Museum, designed by Robert Chantrell and which opened on 6th April 1821 at a cost of £6150. The building included a lecture room, Museum, Library and Laboratory. Enlarged in 1861-62, the entrance was moved from Bond Street to Park Row visible here. On the 14th March 1941 an air raid seriously damaged the hall with the Park Row frontage and many exhibits completely destroyed. The Museum was closed in 1965 and demolished in the summer of 1966.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.