13th July 1867.
View of the toll house and bar at the junction of North Street and Roundhay Road. This stood on the edge of Sheepscar green. The toll bar was a pentagonal building which was demolished to make way for the Fire Station, Police Station and Post Office built in 1872. Sheepscar branch library was later built on this site and these premises are now used by West Yorkshire Archives Service. The Post Office closed in 1985 and is now used as premises for the Ramgarhia Board.