This June 1965 image shows St Paul's Church on Main Street opposite Shadwell Primary School. A chapel has existed in Shadwell from medievil times. The one in the image was consecrated on the 21st July 1842.
The church was designed by R Chantrell who was also responsible for the New Leeds Parish Church. St Paul's is built in a neo-norman style.