Image shows a five bayed early Georgian Mansion built in the early 1700s by the Barker family. This was originally the site of Mauleverer's old seat. The Hall was demolished in 1935 to make way for housing development. Riviera Gardens, flat roofed white painted housing from the inter-war years, was built on the site of the hall and gardens. Immediately to the west of Potternewton Hall there was another substantial house called Newton Lodge which was demolished to make way for Newton Lodge Drive. In October 1935 G.F. Greenwood a York Antique Dealers offered for sale an 'old pannelled room from the Georgian Mansion Potternewton Hall c.1720'.
The room was bought and reassembled at Sutton Park as a morning room.