4th July 1935
Scaffolding is in place on St Edward's Church during a renovatioon scheme. A workman in the process of re-cladding the porch poses for the camera. Another image on the site shows the completed porch with the statue of St Edward (Edward the Confessor) in its rightful place above the door. The Church stands at the junction of Chapel Lane with the High Street.