22nd July 1935
View of the recently renovated porch of St Edward's Roman Catholic Church. The exterior has been re-clad in stone and the seated statue of St Edward is in place above the huge, arched doorway. Another photograph on the site shows the porch earlier in the month when work had just begun. St Edward's Church opened in 1848 and stands at the junction of Chapel Lane with the High Street.