Image shows a 1905 view of St Luke's Church, now a grade II listed building. The Church was designed by John Bownas and William Atkinson in the Gothic Revival style. The design is a cruciform incorporating a west tower. Built in magnesium limestone, the first stone was laid on St Luke's Day, 18th October 1840. It opened in June 1842 and cost £1500. The Lane-Fox family of Bramham Park donated the land and provided finance towards the cost of the living. The four pinnacles, seen here on top of the tower, were taken down this same year, 1905, as they were deemed unsafe.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.