Image shows this beautiful statue of Our Blessed Lady, located in the Lady Chapel of St Edward's Roman Catholic Church. It was sculpted in fine Cararra marble by C. Hoffman in Rome in 1844.
It was acquired for the Church by Father Clifford and Joseph Maxwell while on a visit to Rome, and the cost was funded by Thomas Grimston. Our Lady stands with the moon at her feet and tramples the serpent, representing evil, underfoot.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.