21st May 1935
View of the impressive tower of St Edward's Roman Catholic Church which stands at teh junction of Chapel Lane and the High Street. Building work began on the tower in 1859, eleven years after the Church opened. It was forced to halt, however, and was not continued until 1866 when Ralph Grimston financed the work until completion in 1867. The plans were drawn by G. Goldie.