7th October 1935
One of the huge arches at the base of the tower of St Edward's Church. The tower was begun in March 1859, eleven years after the opening of the Church. Work came to a stand-still, however, and it was not until 1866 with funds donated by Ralph Grimston, that building commenced again.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.