View of Grange Park, the venue for the Wetherby show, and covering 201 acres. The land was sold in 1984 for £390,000 to David Hudson who became
Chairman of the Wetherby Agricultural Society, the organisers of the Wetherby show since 1840. The cricket pavilion, in the centre, was situated in Wetherby club cricket ground leased in Grange Park for £150 per annum. The construction of the new A1. Wetherby by-pass to relieve traffic congestion in the town forced the removal of the pavilion, and it was ceremoniously burned down in 1986, 60 years after it was built.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.