1st June 1963.
View of Well Lane looking south towards Chapel Allerton Methodist Church taken from the junction with Regent Street,in the foreground. Stone dwellings, built in a random fashion, can be seen from the centre right. The Wesleyan Methodist Church stands close to the junction of Stainbeck Lane with Harrogate Road. It was built in the Early English Style in 1874 at a cost of £12,000. The foundation stone was laid on 26th May 1874. The Church opened in 1877 with accommodation for a congregation of 1000 people.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.