View of the Abbey Inn from the Pollard Lane railway bridge. Behind the Inn is the delapidated Woodside works, formerly Aire Valley Dyeworks. The dyeworks, run by Whitaker's, owned the Inn in 1899. They sold it to the Bradford Dyers Association at a later date. Richard Whitaker & Sons (Brewers) purchased the Inn in 1948 and eventually it passed into the hands of Whitbread & Co.