View of St. Peter's Church in Dewsbury Road at the junction with Moor Road. A group of men can be seen standing on the corner near the pillar box and in front of the War Memorial. St. Peter's Church, in the Hunslet Moor locality, was consecrated on 2nd July, 1868. The original building cost was £6000 on land given by the Lords of the Manor of Hunslet Moor. St. Peter's is constructed in brick and stone with dressings of white sandstone following the early decorated style. It was designed by architects, Perkin and Son of Leeds and includes a south west tower with a spire rising to 128 feet in height (over 38 metres). Flats in St. Peter's Court now occupy the site where St. Peter's Church once stood.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.