View of Burton Road from the Dewsbury Road end. The railings on the left belong to Cockburn High School and the next junction is Fairford Avenue. A woman stands in the doorway of number 3 Burton Road, a confectioner's displaying advertising for Rowntree's and Cadbury's can be seen. This may have been Miss Catherine Thompson the proprietor here in 1923. Two children stand outside the shop at the corner of Burton Terrace number 4 Burton Road, Robert Arundel's.