Image shows the brick built Beeston Methodist Church located in Town Street at the corner with Wesley Street. This church replaced an earlier Wesleyan chapel in 1866, when the Methodist congregation was expanding and a larger building was needed. The plot of land was purchased by leading Methodists at a cost of £215. There were an orchard, garden, foldstead and four cottages on the site and the Church had sufficient land for 95 square metres of garden to the front. Steps led down from the entrance to a lawn bordered by trees. Leeds Corporation bought the land when trams were introduced to Beeston Town Street. The church recieved £400 in compensation for the loss of the land. The church is constructed in the Italian Style to accommodate 540 persons. It cost £2,300 to build.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.