View of the entrance to St. John & St. Barnabas Church and Belle Isle Family Centre. The brick built church dates from the 1930s, when it replaced two other churches. The bell in the small north west tower dates from 1850 and was made by C & G. Mears. Belle Isle Family Centre opened in 2003 in the undercroft of the church which was renovated specially for the purpose with a Lotteries Community Fund grant. There is a Community Cafe, advertised on the sign, right, which opens on weekdays from 9.00 am - 4.00 pm. The cafe also provides catering for local community and voluntary groups. The focus is on healthy eating and the cafe hopes to introduce a training course in cooking for young people to take part in. Belle Isle Family Centre recieves support and funding from various Charities and Trusts. The Church and Family Centre are located in Belle Isle Road.