View of Thorpe Hall from the rear and looking at the right return wall of the building. There is a venetian stairlight on the first floor. Thorpe Hall dates from 1735 and was the seat of the Gascoigne and Proctor families. An earlier building once occupied the site. Constructed in red brick, the house is built on three storeys in the classical style. Later, it had been part of a farm and used as a store. Thorpe Hall was Grade II listed in 1964.