East Ardsley United Cricket Club began in 1877 when a team was put together and held matches at the rear of the Black Swan Public House. The Club moved to the Jeffrey field in 1882. When the pitch was laid out at a cost of £3.10s ( £3.50p ). East Ardsley United Cricket & Athletic Club now have their own clubhouse, seen here, incorporating dressing rooms, kitchen and bar complex.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.