Close up of some architectural detailing in the angle to the rear of Thorpe Hall, located in Middleton Lane. The lead down spout with decorated rainwater head bears the date 1735. A building existed on the site at an earlier date. A head sprouting horns, with a beard, is seen below the intertwined initials M.P., M.P. The Hall was once the seat of the Proctor family, and was also the residence of the Gascoignes, Leighs and Ingrams. The initials M.P. stands for Medcalf Proctor who built Thorpe Hall and died aged 84 on 1st September, 1792. There is a memorial slab in Rothwell Church.