View of Albion Street from early part of the 20th century, showing, in the centre, no. 27 - 33, Denby & Spinks Carpet & Furniture Stone. This building was formerly the Albion Street Music Hall, dating from 1792-3; the lower part was occupied by the Albion Carpet Warehouse from 1850 and the rest sold on 9th February 1870; it became Denby & Spinks 1876. The site is now part of the Leeds Shopping Plaza. On the right of the picture is no. 35-37, Charles William Lillie, ironmonger, with Albion Walk in between this and Denby & Spinks. In the background on the left is L.E. Knight & Co, wholesale jeweller, at no. 13. a streetlamp can be seen.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.