Illustration of Lincoln Wing of St. James's University Hospital. The Lincoln Wing opened as the Leeds Moral and Industrial Training School in October 1848. It was built on Land purchased by the Poor Law Guardians in 1846 from the Beckett family. In the background, left, is the Chancellor's Wing which was opened by the, then, Chancellor of Leeds University, the Duchess of Kent on 23rd February 1972.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.