View of Main Street showing the Parish Church of St. Oswald from the south-east. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald, King of Northumbria and has ancient origins. The tower dates from the fifteenth century but the chancel and nave date from the thirteenth century. The Church was much restored in 1841 and some of the original features were lost. Later in 1870 and 1898, it was renovated and restored more faithfully. Photograph courtesy of Stephen Howden.